Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Phones

my phone situation can be a bit daunting, what with my having 46 or 47 numbers to choose from. and i have people asking me all the time which number is which, so i thought i'd write up a little guide. this is not necessarily a vaguely disguised plea for phone calls, but if you do want to call, you can! okay, here goes:

213.985.0530. this is my US office number. i answer this phone during normal business hours, monday through friday. if i don't answer, you'll get voice mail, which i check throughout the workday.

404.247.6191. this is my US cell phone. it's on and willing to ring anytime i'm in the US (those dates will always be posted on this blog). you can leave me a voicemail there when i'm out of the US, but the outgoing message should let you know you can better reach me at the 213 number. i don't check the 404 voicemail when i'm in costa rica.

011.506.8376.6417. this is my costa rica cell phone. how difficult or expensive it is to call me on this phone, is dependent on your phone plan and carrier. my mom calls me on it all the time and usually gets voicemail, poor thing. the phone is old, and the system is third world, so i have to remember to check voicemail everyday, as my phone doesn't actually ring. so really, it's a better place to leave me a message than to actually talk to me. which brings me back around to the 213 number, which is really the best place to call. it's on and working whenever i am, wherever i am. oh, the joys of technology!

No comments: